Monday 30 September 2013

Diary Extract by Adam


I was woken by a creaking cart pulled by a horse trotting along. I looked at the clock and it was eight. I should be up at seven. I quickly stripped on my shirt and tied up my pants. I slapped on my cap and zipped to the kitchen. Then I washed the clothes in the tub and stuffed them all in the wringer. I cranked the handle round and round and round until they were sparkling clean.
"David! Time to go to school!" I ran outside and there was mum waiting for me. "Come on David, time to go to school otherwise you will be late."
"Ok, Mum. Bye!"

The terrifying noise of the old rusty bell made everyone run to the door. We stumbled, elbowed and shoved into line. Then I heard a stomp. It was coming from the doorway and around came Miss Black.


No comments:

Post a Comment