Monday 30 September 2013

Extract from Olivia's Diary

The light growl of my dog woke me this morning. I flung back the covers, crawled out of bed, tugged on my clothes and neatened my bed.

***
 
The sound of the teacher strictly shouting "Class!" told me it was time for lessons. We jostled, stumbled and squished into line then, after the signal from the teacher, walked silently in. Only the ticking of the clock broke the silence today in writing. The smoky smell of the fire along with Miss Black's strong lavender perfume were the only things we could smell all day. The deafening scratch of the teacher's finger nails on the blackboard made me spill some of my ink. As I stared out of the big round window at the playground I felt a tap on my shoulder and I knew what would happen next...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment