Monday 30 September 2013

Extract from Annalise's Diary


This morning I was woken by my dog barking its head off and Mum shouting worriedly “Get up, you will be late for school!” I jumped out of bed and got a bucket of water to collect seven coffee coloured eggs and the milk from the cows.

The sound of the piercing school bell rang to tell me it was time for me to do some work with that cranky teacher. We jostled, shoved and lined up to go into class. The wooden desks were joined together. To my left were the boys sitting up straight. To my right were the lonely desks that were spares. In front of me was grumpy Miss Black and behind me was the fire burning away. The piercing sound of Miss Black scraping her finger nails across the dirty blackboard hurt my ears.

By Annalise

No comments:

Post a Comment